Avoid Spring Storm Damage With These 4 Amazing Tips
SERVPRO professionals are ready to help combat spring storm damage
Springtime is a time of new beginnings and fresh starts. But, unfortunately, it's also the time of year when Mother Nature likes to remind us who's boss with some significant storms. If not prepared, these storms can cause a lot of damage to your home and property. But with a little bit of preparation, you can avoid most (if not all) of the common problems associated with spring storms.
The professionals at SERVPRO of North Fulton have put together this blog post today to help educate our customers on the common signs of spring storm damage and what they can do to avoid them. We want our customers to be as prepared as possible for whatever Mother Nature throws their way this spring!
The most common signs of spring storm damage
Every spring, the professionals at SERVPRO receive calls from customers who have experienced damage to their homes or businesses due to severe weather. The most common signs of storm damage include:
- Leaks in the roof: One of the most obvious signs of spring storm damage is leaks in the roof. You likely have a roof leak if you see water stains on your ceiling or walls. If left unchecked, these leaks can cause severe damage to your home's structure.
- Broken windows: High winds and hail are two of the most common causes of broken windows. If you see cracks or holes in your windows, it's essential to take action immediately to prevent further damage.
- Uprooted trees: Trees that high winds have uprooted can cause a lot of damage to your home and property. If you see trees that have fallen or are leaning precariously, it's essential to stay away from them and call a professional to remove them.
If you see any of these signs, be sure to take immediate action to protect your home and property from further damage. Spring storms can be quite unpredictable, so preparing for the worst-case scenario is essential.
How to avoid spring storm damage
Now that you know the common signs of spring storm damage, you're probably wondering how you can avoid them. The answer is simple: preparation. By taking a few simple precautions, you can avoid most (if not all) of the problems associated with spring storms.
Four tips to help you avoid storm damage this spring:
- Inspect your roof: One of the best ways to avoid storm damage is to regularly inspect your roof. While inspecting, you want to look for missing or damaged shingles and make sure that your gutters are clear of debris. If you see anything that looks out of the ordinary, be sure to call a professional to take a look.
- Trim trees and branches: Overgrown trees and branches can be a recipe for disaster during a storm. Be sure to trim any trees or branches close to your home. Trimming will help prevent fallen tree damage to your property when blown over in a storm.
- Secure loose items: Loose items around your property can become projectiles and cause severe damage during a storm. Be sure to secure any loose items such as patio furniture, grills, and garden tools.
- Install storm shutters: Storm shutters are a great way to protect your windows from high winds and flying debris. If you don't have storm shutters, consider installing them before the next severe weather event.
By taking these simple precautions, you can avoid most of the common problems associated with spring storms. But remember, even the best preparation can't always prevent damage from occurring.
SERVPRO is here to help
We hope you enjoyed learning about how to avoid storm damage this spring. But if you need spring storm restoration services, SERVPRO of North Fulton is available to help. We are a full-service restoration company with the knowledge and experience to handle any size disaster. We're available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, so don't hesitate to contact us.
When you contact us, we will:
- Inspect your home or business to determine the extent of the damage.
- Prepare a detailed estimate of the restoration services required.
- Work with your insurance company to streamline the claims process.
- Begin the restoration process and get your life back to normal as quickly as possible.
SERVPRO of North Fulton is a locally owned and operated franchise, always available to respond to your spring storm damage emergency and is proud to serve the Alpharetta, GA community and surrounding areas.