Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Expert Fire Damage Repair in Sandy Springs
For over 50 years, SERVPRO has proudly served Sandy Springs property owners in professional fire damage repair and restoration, including fire damage cleanup, contents restoration and odor removal. Throughout every step of the fire damage repair process, the experts at SERVPRO go above and beyond to make sure the process is completed efficiently and thoroughly. We understand the trauma fires can cause for you and your family, which is why we make sure to provide compassionate customer care every step of the way.
For the best fire damage repair in Sandy Springs, rely on the experts at SERVPRO. With attendants available around the clock, 24/7, we are ready and prepared to dispatch a fire damage inspector for you as soon as possible.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (770) 992-2777
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.